What do I normally have for lunch at home? I usually pile up a big salad, easy and skillless, best of all, it is quick. I want it zip, zap, bang. Always too lazy when I cook for myself when I eat alone. I want my food clean to clear my palettes and stomach to be ready for my next vice. I love salad and my new favourite now is with Wafu Dressing. This dressing is commonly called Wafu Dressing. I had been addicted to this dressing and now is a staple for me for the past week. Wafu dressing is a vinaigrette-type salad dressing based on soy sauce, popular in Japan. The name literally means Japanese-style dressing. The standard wafu dressing consists of a mixture of Japanese soy sauce, rice vinegar and vegetable oil. This dressing feels light and healthy especially after a weekend of gluttony.
• 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
• 1 tablespoon salad oil
• 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon grated radish, to be added before serving• Freshly ground black pepper
Shake all the ingredients together in a jam jar. Once the sugar has dissolved, add and shake in 1 tablespoons of water and season again if needed.
What I add to my salad bowl
• Mixed salad leaves (here I use baby romaine lettuce)
• Cherry tomatoes
• Half avocados, sliced
• Some grated of parmesan reggiano (left overs from my cheese cream crackers)
• Feta cheese
• Smelt roe (goes so well with the wafu salad or mouthful of pops)
• Poached egg
• Good grind of pepper
You can just about add anything to your salad bowl. Boast it up with some frozen crab meat or even salmon sashimi slices.
Healthy lunching...Till next post, ss.
Labels: easy cooking, healthy eating, recipe, salad, wafu dressing